(11 November 2019) Our Updated Conversion Tracking Solution: Ready for implementation
This new method, which uses server to server (S2S) requests, is replacing the legacy TripConnect Pixel. By implementing S2S conversion tracking, you will be generating great value by:
- Providing your partners a better view on their general performance on Tripadvisor
- Enabling your partners to better understand the return on investment for each of their subscriptions and make budget decisions accordingly
- Becoming eligible to participate in future referral programs from Tripadvisor
More information can be found in our S2S conversion tracking page.
(27 June 2017) Major Update API (v8)
Tripadvisor rolled out an improved site and app experience – making it easier for travelers to access the information they need to find and book the right property at the right price.
The newest version of the Tripadvisor API (v8) includes enhancements and new functionality that will improve the way we surface content, increase performance and help drive more bookings.
- Taxes and fees broken out separately
- The new API will allow us to break down taxes, fees and base rates enabling us to display the most compelling price for each market. Upgrading to the new API will help your hotel partners stay competitive and attract bookings from travelers looking for the lowest price.
- Hotel_availability and booking_availability calls updated and merged
- We’ve merged the hotel and booking availability calls by adding parameters that specify requirements for your response. This will allow us to include room and rate features such as cancellation and refund policies, bed configuration and amenities earlier in the booking flow, which can motivate potential guests to book with your hotel partners over competitors.